Thursday, March 14, 2013

HABEMUS PAPAM

Yesterday afternoon, the white smoke could be seen as all the world waited to hear the Good News.  The crowds cheered welcoming Cardinal Jorge Borgoglio as our new Pope.




 Pope Francis I  has been described as a "humble leader, who is known for standing up for what is right and just."  Pope Francis I will lead the 1.2 billion catholics in the world into a new era of evangelizing. 


An advocate for the poor, Pope Francis I  rejected the privileges that accompanied his Cardinal position in Argentina.  In his simplicity, he gave up his chauffeur and rode the bus to work.  As a Jesuit, he is a defender of Catholic doctrine and has a deep interest for educating others in the faith. 

He is a reformer and desires that the entire Church be called to be missionaries once again.  Pope Francis I has a deep spiritual life marked by his life experiences of sorrows.  There is a most beautiful humble, gentleness that emanates from His Holy Presence.  We pray that we may all catch the Spirit of this most beautiful leader of our Church in this Year of Faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment